Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You suck, USAA!

I want someone to please explain to me how my husband's truck got a huge two foot crack in the windshield while sitting in our driveway for two months!

Sunday, I decided to drive his truck to Lowe's since I haven't driven it in quite some time and I get in and there is a huge crack on the passenger side. I have no idea how it got there, because it certainly wasn't there the last time I drove it. So I thought okay, whatever I'll call the insurance company Monday and they'll pay to have it replaced. Boy, was I WRONG! I guess Colorado insurance policies don't cover glass 100% like they do in Kentucky and New York, where we grew up...naturally thinking it was like that every where. To go through the person who they recommend it will cost $255 to have the damned thing fixed. It will all be out of pocket because it's lower than our deductible, which is $500. And, if it gets broken again, like next week, we will have to pay for it all over again. So, what is the point of having insurance if they won't pay to fix things that are broken. Had I known that glass wasn't covered I would've had my insurance set up differently. This totally sucks! And, of course, things like this only happen when Aaron is gone, because I don't already have enough things to do as it is!

6 comments:

  1. You need a wife- as do I!!!! :)

    I had no idea insurance didn't cover the glass/windshields. I can remember my mother telling me her insurance paid for her windshield. hmmm. I'll have to ask around as I make the rounds (getting quotes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry hun. My friend just found out that her insurance through USAA doesn't cover damage on her car if she hits some one, but covers the car she hits (she accidentally rear-ended some one the other day). She just got whatever the state of NY covers, which she is going to look into more because it sounds like some one missed the boat when she was talking to them when she moved up here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi-USAA here. It sounds like it was pretty frustrating to find out you'd have to pay $255 for a new windshield. Unfortunately because insurance is regulated by each state certain coverages may change when you move. On behalf of our members, especially the military and their families, USAA has been a longtime advocate of the optional federal charter concept. Should Congress pass legislation in support of an optional federal charter, we believe customers would have access to better, more uniform products and services at lower prices.

    If you’d like to get a quote for lowering your deductible for any future incidents, you can do so on usaa.com or call us at 1.800.531.8722. Before making a change, though, you may want to ask one of our advisors if the increase in premium that results from a lower deductible is in your financial best interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol to the above comment. In english, please?

    ReplyDelete