Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

Why do I torture myself?

So, remember how I said that hanging blinds is a BITCH. Well, guess what, that status hasn't changed.

I got my electric bill Saturday....$205.36! Now, you might be wondering what my electric bill and window blinds have in common...let me tell you. The blinds in my bedroom broke a few months ago. My bedroom is on the east facing side of the house, where the sun rises, therefore my room gets very hot and uncomfortable in the morning when I am sleeping. So what do I do...go downstairs and turn the A/C down. I thought it might be a good idea to hang some blinds to prevent the sun from shining in so brightly, and hopefully reduce my energy cost. I went to Lowe's and bought some faux wood ones (they look just as nice but aren't as expensive!) and attempted to hang them. It's not really difficult, but it IS a pain in the ass! Hopefully I don't have to hang any more any time soon, cause it's just one of those things that I would rather Aaron did! HA!

But, they do look nice, and I didn't get hot this morning. So I guess they are serving their purpose.

2 comments:

  1. so glad i dont have to pay utilities anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hil is just being MEAN! :-p I agree though- hanging blinds is just a boy job! My pops or my hubs has done it for me in the past! KUDOS to you. So I'll have to come see your house... Never been there. :( You think I stink or something? ;)
    Have a good week hon.

    ReplyDelete