Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Scary turn of events

So remember how I said that I have 10 weeks left of my pregnancy? Well, not anymore. At the most it will be 4.

After work yesterday I was walking back from the mailbox and my water broke. My friend Jenn took me to Evans Army Hospital and they did some tests and confirmed that it was my water and since I am not full-term I had to be sent to Memorial Hospital where they have a NICU. I was given two steroid shots for Hannah's lungs, and I have 24 more hours til they take effect. The doctor said that after that point if I start contracting (I haven't yet) they will not stop my labor because with no fluid in there, there is a big risk of infection. I have been pumped with all sorts of antibiotics. If she doesn't come on her own by 34 weeks they will induce.

I sent a Red Cross message to Aaron and he is talking to the commander about him coming home and possibly extending his R&R past two weeks.

Please pray for my family, I need a healthy baby girl and I so desperately need my husband here at this time.

9 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed! Hope Aaron can make it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lauren! I am still hoping and praying.I know that you are scared,worried, and probably every other emotion in one. I wish that I could be there and it makes me sad that i cannot. But know that I will find a way if you called me right now. i hope Aaron is able to have an extended r&r beccause he is the one that you want most of all,I believe he is trying everything he can to get on a plane.
    I love you and are thinking about you by the minute. Keep me updated,I do not want to call alot so that you can get some rest. besides I know when I was in the hospital,I just wanted peace LOl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow....you are definitely in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh girl! i hope everything is alright! good luck! I am praying for you and baby hannah! I hope the army does right; and sends your hubby home!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping Aaron makes it back soon and is able to stay longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping everything turns out for the best and that Aaron is able to get back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. prayers tht everything turns out OK!! It must be so scary big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you! I really hope he can come home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I'm just a phone call away!! :)

    ReplyDelete