Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

WTF

So remember the blog that I wrote about USAA? Well someone left me this response:

Tricia Phillip, USAA Social Media said...
Hi-USAA here. It sounds like it was pretty frustrating to find out you'd have to pay $255 for a new windshield. Unfortunately because insurance is regulated by each state certain coverages may change when you move. On behalf of our members, especially the military and their families, USAA has been a longtime advocate of the optional federal charter concept. Should Congress pass legislation in support of an optional federal charter, we believe customers would have access to better, more uniform products and services at lower prices. If you’d like to get a quote for lowering your deductible for any future incidents, you can do so on usaa.com or call us at 1.800.531.8722. Before making a change, though, you may want to ask one of our advisors if the increase in premium that results from a lower deductible is in your financial best interest.


Okay, really??? Does someone at that company just sit around and google things about USAA in case someone is bad mouthing them? I found this to be really odd, and kinda creepy!

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap. Glad they didn't stop by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy, not to mention everything she said is just plain factually wrong! Our state has some horrible insurance restrictions, but I can just imagine how much worse it would be if we tried to regulate it from DC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got sometimes similar from Qwest- after blogging about my issues. It is odd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned about this in my marketing class -- because word of mouth is such a powerful factor in marketing products, companies have gone straight to the source to try to make things right by wronged customers.

    This is also why I've set up my blog so that you can't search it in Google :)

    ReplyDelete