Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

SSG Billings

finally called!

Poor baby is sick. But he said that he went to "check out" the place where they will be relocating to (yet again). He said that it's even shittier than where they currently are. I mean no electricity for a week at a time and a flooding tent of 300 guys isn't as bad as it gets?! I just cannot even imagine. He also said that I can expect to hear from him even less than the two times a week that he is calling now! Oh. My. God. This whole thing just keeps getting worse and worse. He said that they hadn't checked out the internet, so I'm praying that it's an improvement to what he has currently, and we can use that for communication. I know, it's doubtful, but I can at least hope.

On the upside, the Army has successfully managed to waste 1/3 of the deployment by not knowing what the eff is going on. He has barely been on any missions, and as far as I'm concerned that's great! I know he hates just sitting around all day, but at least he is safe. And I'm okay with that.

Four months down.....eight more to go!

5 comments:

  1. the deployments go fast and id be glad he is safe too :) I hope the internet is good where he is heading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Army=hot mess. At least he's safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I right there with you girl! When Kevin left they spent a month in Kuwait!! Excuse me? If there isn't something for them to be doing than keep their asses at home- where they belong! and missions can suck it! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby has lived for nine months there in a horrible area with no electricity and the communication sucks. I hope the Army gets things together for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you heard from your husband. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete