Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 29, 2009

Mental Health Day

Today I called in sick from work because I have an upset stomach. I am sure the cause of this is nerves, so really it' more like a mental health day to save my sanity.

Nothing ever really goes wrong when my husband is home. But of course, as soon as he gets on a plane to fly across the globe someone casts a spell on me that makes my life hell. And then everything goes wrong. Everything that I cannot fix and need him for. Such as my air conditioner.

Yep that's right. My a/c stopped working yesterday. So I called the person that I always do when in a crisis. My daddy. Since he is over a thousand miles away it's hard for him to diagnose a problem that he cannot see. He walked me through a few things to try to decided that it must be a blown fuse. Of course I had to wait until Lowe's opened today, because it was after closing time when my crisis occurred yesterday. I worried about it all night. Mostly I was worried about something else being broken with the a/c rather than the fuse. Something that I was incapable of fixing myself and would have to pay an arm and a leg for someone else to repair.

So, first thing this morning I went to Lowe's, got a set of fuses and came home, installed them, and voila! IT WORKED!!!!! Ten bucks later I am cool as a cucumber sitting at my desk typing this blog! I am ever so thankful that I didn't have to pay someone hundreds of dollars to fix it, thanks Dad!

I am going to spend the rest of my mental health day doing other things around the house that I have been putting off. Change the filters for the air-flow system, drag out the ladder and change the light bulbs in the fixture over my stairs, install a new front porch light that doesn't look like it fell out of the 1980's, put up our American flag for the 4th of July....you get the point! Today will be way more productive than if I had gone to work.

2 comments:

  1. Mental Health days ARE necesary!!! Good for you girl. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa-- be careful and don't over do it lady!

    ReplyDelete