Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Good Monday morning folks! I had a pretty good weekend, got some R&R, spent time with friends, was productive around the house. Aaron called Saturday morning pretty early, but after we talked I was able to get a few more hours of sleep (which, by the way, is one of my favorite things to do!). Then I went to see The Proposal with Sam the Army Wife. We met through our blogs and live in the same area, so we thought it would be cool to meet. We had a few minutes before and after the movie to chat, of course being that we read each other's blog, we pretty much are up-to-date on the recent happenings in each other's lives! The movie was super cute and funny. I defiantly recommend watching it. After the movie I went home and mowed the grass. Not the highlight of my weekend, but that's where the productive part comes into play.

Sunday I went shopping with my neighbor Sam and left my car at Sears to get the oil changed. We had fun, bought a few things that were on sale. I got to eat an Auntie Anne's pretzel, which I have been craving for quite some time. So it was time to pick my car up. When I dropped it off I left the keys with some little guy named Jose and gave him all of my information, including the fact that I would be needing a military discount. At six o'clock when I picked it up an older man assisted me with checking out. He rang me up and gave me the total, at which I politely responded, "Oh, don't I get a military discount?" He then got a disgusted look on his face and his tone immediately changed, "You should've told me that before I rang you up!" I explained to him that I had told Jose (besides it was right there on my paperwork). "It doesn't matter, you should've told me!" He shouted. So then he began typing away on the keyboard, and wanted to see my mil i.d. The whole process of applying the discount didn't even take him two minutes, but he acted as if we had to stop production and call in the national guard! I mean really, he needs to rethink his career choice to work in customer service!

So, this morning I get to work and check my yahoo email and facebook and I have a friend request from a girl, Brittney, that I was in the Navy with! I cannot even tell you how excited this makes me because after I got out and was moving around we lost contact. I have searched for her a few times and have never been able to find her. Here is a picture of us from my last day in Virginia when we were saying goodbye. Brittney is the one on the right, I am in the middle, and our other friend Crystal is on the left.






4 comments:

  1. girl you know i love you....but....you look tired there. You know i cant leave a comment without it being an insult...HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a good weekend! & yay for meeting up with new friends and re connecting with old ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. go me! lol At first I thought the pic was recent and was thinking, "Omg that lucky girl doesnt even look pregnant" hahaha.

    I am glad you had a good weekend and got in contact with an old friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you are typing out your entry, just type out the word you want, highlight it, then click on the little button, next to where you can make bold, italics....it kind of looks like a half circle. it will pop up and you type the actual link in it. all done. easy breezy.

    ReplyDelete