Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm not trying to toot my own horn...

Okay, actually, yes I am!

In the five and a half months since my husband has been gone there are several of his normal household duties that I have had to take responsibility for. Here is the list of things that I have done with little or no help.

1. Successfully turn on sprinkler system (for more on this, please refer to this blog.)

2. Mow the grass bi-weekly.

3. Install new front porch light fixture (without electrocuting myself or catching anything on fire, might I add).

4. Remember to take vehicles in for regular maintenance.

5. Take the trash out to the curb every Tuesday night.

6. Paint baby Hannah's room. (And for all of you who want to throw your 2 cents in, my doctor said it was fine as long as I wasn't working with lead-based paint)

7. Learn how to operate the grill.

8. Put up the crib.

9. Put up new blinds in the baby's room (FYI, it was a BITCH) and hang curtains.

10. Empty large, heavy bag of dog food into container where we store it.

11. Refill water softener with salt pellets.

None of this may seem too terribly difficult to anyone else, but these are all the things that he would normally do, and I wouldn't have to lift my pretty little finger to help. So, I have managed to keep up with my normal duties, and now his as well. It defiantly keeps me busy when I'm not at my 40-hour-a-week-job. And I just wanted to say that I am proud of myself for doing it all, while being pregnant! I am also proud of the other military wives who manage to hold down the fort while their spouses are gone. Whether it be for a week, or a year and a half, kudos to you too for getting it all done and not running home to your Mommy!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad you didn't electrocute yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could even do HALF of that!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete