Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bad day

So my husband called me from Afghanistan today and told me that their vehicle had been hit by an IED. A few guys were hurt but no one was killed, thank God! He didn't go into much detail about it, so that's basically all that I know. I'm just glad that everyone is pretty much okay, and that their injuries will heal and nothing is permanent.

But I was obviously upset by this. It's scary, and I think until it happens to your loved one or someone you know, the whole situation isn't that real. So I was crying after we got off of the phone. My boss asked me what was wrong and I told her. She tried to comfort me a little, but wanted to know if I would be able to finish the day at work. Um, yeah I can but that doesn't mean that I want to sit at my desk all day and pretend to be happy and listen to patients problems when they call. I have my own stress to deal with.

Did she offer to let me go home? No. That's fine, because I can handle it. What pisses me off about it is this other girl I work with. First of all she one of the laziest people I know and will find any way to get out of her work. Basically she is a piece of shit. Two weeks ago someone at work "hurt her feelings" so she left early and even took the next day off! So why is it that she can whine and get special treatment, but I have a legitimate reason to be upset and don't get shit?! It's fucked up.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes, what a day. I know how hard it is after a close call. Sorry you have to work with such idiots :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work sucks. People Suck. Work People Double-suck! That whole facebook thing yesterday was pretty ridiculous!! Just have faith like me.. ha haaa But seriously I can sit here and tell you everything is going to be just peachy but hell, it sounds empty (and patronizing)... so just let me know if you need anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blah :( I know what you mean. It is hard to hear bad news and continue on in the day. So thankful your hubby is ok and everyone else will be too. Stay strong because days like this arent always happening but they are the days we need to be the most strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that R.A. is okay!!!

    ReplyDelete