Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 24, 2009

people

I am really not a people person. Most people just annoy me. And it seems that I have even less tolerance for them now that I am pregnant. Really, I just hate people in general, but some of them piss me off more than others.

I know this one person who always whines about their husband being gone. And he is only gone for a normal work day, never over night. Um, hello, I feel privileged when my husband gets to just work a normal eight hour day and come home...which is rare! Usually he works 10+ hours on a regular basis. Not to mention getting called in on the weekend, or going to the field for multiple nights, NTC for a month...and deployed for a whole year or more! And someone might argue that I knew what I was getting myself into when I married a military man, yes, in fact I did. That's why I don't complain about it. My choice is not for him to be gone, but as all you other Army wives know, you are, and always will be, second to the Army. I also have more pride in what my husband does than ordinary people, because he is a real, true hero. But please, don't complain to me about "missing" your husband for eight or nine hours, because you really have no idea what missing someone feels like. When your husband misses almost every one of your anniversaries and birthdays then come talk to me. But until then I really have no pity or sympathy for you!!!

2 comments:

  1. this post is so you. now you need one to complain about when people go their mom's during deployments, as I know how much that makes your skin crawl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO I LOVE YOU!... well in a platonic-I've-never-met-you kind of way! It's not a matter of theirs is any harder than ours... it's just a matter of people being dense, or stupid, or just flat out inconsiderate! People, generally don't think before they speak. Thats all it really is... that broad doesn't think (plain and simple)!!! I'm right there with you, and also I think we're on the same page about females running when their men deploy! =) I got your back. PEOPLE SUCK!

    ReplyDelete