Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Mother's Day (sort-of)



I have some pretty awesome friends! They really do try to make up for my husband being gone, by helping me, talking to me and listening to me, visiting me, and sending me flowers for Mother's Day!



The fabulous Jennifer sent me lovely pink flowers (my favorite color) for my first mommy-to-be Mother's Day! It made me feel oh-so-special, and very loved! She said that she knew that Aaron wouldn't be able to since he has no internet, and she didn't want me to not get anything. But Aaron was able to call, which was good enough for me. And my wonderful mother in law sent me a card with a little cash in it! Also, several of my darling friends left me comments and text me to say Happy Mother's Day. So even though I am not technically a mommy yet, many of the sweet people in my life thought enough of me to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. And it means a lot!

Of course, you know one bad apple always spoils the bunch.....

So, I called my stepmother to wish her a happy Mother's Day. Did she even bother to say, "Oh, you too!"? No, she did not. And like most things she does or says, it pissed me off. She isn't a mother...she has no kids other than me, but I thought enough of her to call and send a card. Does she show the same consideration in return? No. Never. I could go on and on about all the things she (purposely) does to irritate me. That is another blog on another day...But I will just say, for the record, that she is jealous of me being able to have a baby, and the baby for getting so much attention. She has referred to it as "that baby" and refuses to even discuss it's existence. I am not imagining it or making it up. She is evil, plain and simple. I was not lucky enough to be blessed with a wonderful, caring stepmother who loves me like her own child. But I am still kind enough to wish her a happy Mother's Day, even though she isn't a mother and wouldn't really make a good one anyway.

Overall though, I had a great Mother's Day, filled with lots of love from the people who do, in fact, really love me!

2 comments: