Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Poor Pug

Oh My God!!!!! I feel like the worst Mommy alive!!!! My precious pug, my pride and joy, and current sleeping partner (until Feb anyway) has been injured....and it's all my fault! Maggie's toe nail was completely ripped out, and I am the one who did it. We were BBQing at my neighbors and she and I sat down to eat our delicious dinner and I scooted my chair forward to get situated at the table and all of a sudden I hear the most heart-wrenching squeal. It was Maggie, and blood was gushing from her foot. Of course I immediately jumped up to save her, and then I saw it....her toe nail laying right in front of my chair! How could I have been so careless? I called my friend, Lori, who works at a vet. She told me how to stop the bleeding, but also said that if it didn't stop I would need to take her to the ER vet. Luckily I followed her advice and was able to get it to stop using peroxide to clean the wound and corn starch to stop the bleeding. I bandaged it up over night and woke up numerous time to make sure it hadn't started again.


So, first thing Friday morning I called Maggie's vet, which is on post. They open at 0730. I called and hung up, called and hung up nonstop until they answered.....at 0815!!!! At which time I was told that the doctor isn't even in on Fridays! So why the hell are you even open?! Anyway, so then I had to frantically call like 10 vets before I found someone who could see her as soon as possible because I still had to go to work. We went to the vet and she cleaned the wound and re bandaged it more securely and gave her antibiotics to take for a week to prevent infection, Her nail should grow back in about two weeks.


Here my baby is $70 later:


4 comments:

  1. She has a face that says... "Momma... how could you!"

    too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww poor thing! She does kinda look pissed- not to rub salt in your already open wounds. =( she will be just as good as new before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! Poor thing! She's so cute though...even with her little paw all bandaged up.

    ReplyDelete