Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

NICU day 13


Hannah is doing good. She has gained two ounces, and now weighs 3.3 lbs. She did have the oxygen taken out for about a week, but had to have it put back in today. The doctor said it's normal for preemies to have it, especially with the altitude here. She is having a little bit of reflux and pukes up her food sometimes, which is also normal for preemies because their stomach muscles don't work as well as full-term babies. Hopefully that will improve and we can start to bottle feed her in another week. Right now she has a feeding tube, because preemies don't have the ability to suck, swallow, and breathe all at the same time. Overall she is doing good though and everyone seems to think she will be able to come home before her due date. I hope so, I can't wait to have her here and be able to hold her all the time. I miss her so much when I am away from the hospital.

4 comments:

  1. Well I'm back in town -- I can't wait to come meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard to leave and come back. She's getting stronger and stronger everyday, she'll be home soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm glad she's doing better and gaining weight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad she's put on a little weight. You are being such a good mommy =)
    I hope she comes home soon!

    ReplyDelete