Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

bow-chica-wow-wow!!!

As you know, my husband has been deployed for the past six months (and some change...but who's counting??). Now he's home on R&R so naturally we want to be intimate after half a year of abstinence. And since I just had a baby, it isn't quite what it used to be...as in I feel like we're in high school because it can't go much further than "heavy petting," so to speak. So, we decided that we are going to try to take it to the next level before he goes back for five more months. I feel up to it, so why not? But since I don't want any more babies any time soon, and I haven't seen the doctor about contraceptives yet, we bought condoms. This is not something that I thought I would be doing for the rest of my life, since I am married, and don't really care for them anyway. And Aaron and I have never used them since we have been together. So anyway we go to Walgreen's today and I was like, okay...go get them. He refused. Seriously?! He is 25 years old, and too embarrassed to buy condoms! That just cracks me up, which is why I chose to share this story. So I bought them, something that I have not done in nearly a decade. There are so many different types, and they are expensive! Haha, I hope that is the last time I venture down the condom aisle.

5 comments:

  1. This reminds me of when J* and I had to buy them in high school, we would switch off who had to buy them. One time he was going to buy them but saw the mom of one of his football teammates...came running back out with nothing... so we had to find another store. BOYS... Just wait until they are the ones home and our little girls need pads/tampons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's hilarious! :) thanks for the giggle, friend! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. That is too funny of a story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When starting all the testing after our last miscarriage, they wanted me to be off birth control, but prevent pregnancy... I asked my husband to do it too and he wouldn't! I finally found time to get to the store, and holy cow. There were so many to choose from! I didn't really know which one to get. It was interesting to say the least! Good luck with the lovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't tell us what kind you got!

    I bought condoms today too! haha
    First time I've bought them since we got married-- usually Mr. AF buys them.

    He said he always gets really embarrassed lol.

    I picked up some "Yours and mine" to try out too! hehe

    ReplyDelete