Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

Update on the Hubs and other fascinating things in my life...

Soooo I got an email from Aaron. He made it safely to his new destination (which is Afghanistan, for those of you that weren't already aware). This is what he had to say:

"Hey I finally made it here, I got in yesterday afternoon and have been workin my ass off since. Everything sucks balls here, internet is really gay along with the phones its just like when i was in rawah. I will try to call as soon as possible dont send anything yet until i get a confirmed mailing address. Well im gonna go love ya lots and miss ya very much muah!!!"

Awwww isn't he sweet?? I also heard that my poor husband is having to live in accommodations that have no electricity and have been abandoned for quite some time. Bless his heart! Please keep him and his fellow soldiers, and their families in your prayers. I'm sure they are much needed at this time! There is also a story that CNN did about his unit: http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/04/23/troops.iraq.afghanistan/index.html#cnnSTCText
Another blogger wife was kind enough to share this with me. I think the first picture on the left, when you open the page, might be my soldier, but I'm not positive. It's hard to tell when they are wearing ACU's and have sunglasses on! I guess that's the point...so they all look "uniform." Anyway, that means that I can resume my wifely duties and get his packages in the mail as soon as he gets a confirmed address.

The other exciting news is that I got invited to go on a Caribbean cruise with my awesome friend Taylor and her mom and sister! So you know I jumped on that opportunity. We will be leaving on May 30 and will return June 7. And we will be stopping in Cozumel, Grand Cayman Islands, Isla Rotan, and Belize. I have never been out of the country, even to Mexico or Canada. I am as excited as a kid in a candy store!

4 comments:

  1. That sucks that R.A. is in those kinds of conditions! At least he finally got there I guess.
    So Glad you got off for your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep him and his unit in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy the article was helpful to you! :) Would be great if that was your man... PS: I'm jealous about the cruise!!!!!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he finally made it!! I'd kill to go on a cruise! (okay.. maybe not)

    ReplyDelete