Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 27, 2009

It wouldn't be Easter in Colorado without snow!

I realize that Easter has already passed, but it snowed that day just like it has for the past three years that I've lived here. And the next day was a sunny 70! The weather in Colorado is crazy this time of year. Yesterday was sunny and fair...and I woke up to snow falling this morning. I always keep my winter coat in my car just in case, cause it could change at any moment.

Take for instance a few weeks ago when my best friend Hilary (High Heels) came to visit. The day I picked her up from the airport it was beautiful! Sunny, not a cloud in the sky...but the next day it rained, turned into hail, turned into a winter mix and finally we had a tornado warning. We woke up the next day to snow, snow and more snow. We still went shopping at the outlet mall that is outdoors (we were on a mission!). But that's besides the point. Of course, the day she left it was beautiful again. The poor weather did not at all interfere with our fun one bit! For more information on that trip (and pics!) please refer to her page: http://highheelscombatboots.blogspot.com/2009/04/colorado-springsfort-carson-trip-2.html

So I am anxiously awaiting an end to the winter weather. I have a lot of projects planned for my yard that I want to start soon. Not to mention cooking on the grill. This is something that my wonderful husband prides himself in. I let him continue thinking that I do not know how to operate the grill, it gives me a nice break to cooking in the summer. But since he is gone I have had to resort to doing it myself (like so many other aspects of my life). And I am not about to give up BBQ chicken! This pregnant lady has needs! I will put on a scarf and gloves, but come hell or high water, maybe in my case a blizzard, I am having that chicken for dinner tonight. I will let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wish I was there and I could make the sides!!! Did you finish your strawberry delight, by the way?

    ReplyDelete