Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Howdy y'all



So, you might be wondering who I am, or why I'm here. Well, let me tell you...

My amazingly wonderful friend, Hilary (aka High Heels) told me that I should start blogging. After careful consideration, I thought that maybe she was right. So here I am!

So hello to all you wonderful people reading my blog, I hope that you find my life as interesting as I think it is. Ha!

Today is April 22, 2009. Which also happens to be day number 67 of my husband's deployment and day number 92 of my pregnancy. Things are going well for both of those topics, which is a good thing, because those are the most important things in my life at the moment! This is the second deployment for my husband and I. My feelings and attitude toward it are different than the last time. Maybe it's because I know what to expect...well as much as you can when dealing with the Army! As we all know, nothing is ever set in stone, and everything takes forever to happen!

Like for instance, my husband's deployment orders were to go to Iraq. After two weeks in country, someone (I'm assuming that person would be Robert Gates) decided to move his unit to another undisclosed location. Now that's all fine and good, I get it, they have to go where they're needed. But I would just think that the United States Army could be a little more organized and efficient, not to mention timely. Obviously it is not run by a woman. So we were told to stop sending mail immediately because they would be leaving asap. That was over a month ago, and guess what, they still haven't left. The thing that irritates me about this is that I really enjoy sending care packages, it is the only way I have to show my love. And to top that off I wasn't able to send my sweet husband a package for his birthday, which probably breaks my heart more than his, but I'm just sayin...

Anywho, that leaves me with a pile of things to send, and a list of things he wants, growing bigger by the day (just like my baby bump!). Maybe one of these days someone will figure it out and I can continue sending my love overseas, and my duties as an Army Wife.

5 comments:

  1. I Love that you have a bloggy now!! Miss you already!! Sorry that "Rude Ass" hasn't left yet! You will owe UPS a lot of money once he moves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it?! It's disorganization at it's best. :)

    Welcome to the world-wide-(blog)web! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I love Hilary's blog. We did some back and forth before she came to Colo. My hubby is with 2/4 at Carson too. Sounds like your man is with 4th Engineers?? My bro-in-law with them too, Army owed him some dwell time from his previous post/deployment so he's leaving in June (give or take May or July, ha ha). It's exciting to find another blogger close by! Holler if you need anything (armywifeblogger@aol.com)I've been in C/S for many moons if you need to find anything or directions, or figure out anything about the weather, ect... I know things here can be interesting in that department! :) Have fun.. and can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy/lil' one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/04/23/troops.iraq.afghanistan/index.html#cnnSTCText

    I just thought you might want to take a looksy... maybe you'll see your man??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I like you already!
    Welcome to the blogging world :)-- These are my ONLY military wife friends as of yet! (of course when I actually marry Mr. Airforce that will probably change!)

    Welcome to the blogger-club!

    ReplyDelete