Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trimester Numero Dos!

Today officially marks the beginning of my second trimester! *HUGE sigh of relief* The last 3 months have been like walking on egg shells. That is because we lost a baby last year when I was 12 weeks. The baby didn't actually live that long, but I had what is called a "missed" miscarriage. I went in for my 12 week appointment and there was no heartbeat. The measurements from the ultrasound concluded that it had stopped growing somewhere around 9 weeks but my body didn't recognize it and expel the tissue.

So as happy as we have been about this pregnancy, it felt like we were jinxing ourselves by getting too excited. But now I feel like I can actually celebrate! My 12 week appointment went great and the doctor said that we are both as healthy as can be! I am 14 weeks pregnant and due Oct 27. Aaron's R&R is scheduled around then...I just hope my little sweet pea doesn't make their debut early!

I should find out in about 5 weeks whether it's a boy or a girl. I kind of "feel" like it's a girl...but I could always be wrong lol. I have had tons of support from my friends, which is especially appreciated since my husband is deployed and I don't have anyone to share my joy and fear with. I have been accompanied by friends to every single appointment so far! Taylor went with me to the ER when I had a little scare (everything was okay), Sam went with me to my 12 week ultrasound, and Hilary went with me to my 12 week appointment, and video taped it to send to the hubby (which he said was "pretty cool"). So thank you for all of the support and prayers (I saw lots posted on Mrs High Heels page). It means more than you will ever know!



4 comments:

  1. Did you send the "naked portion" of the tape! BAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww congrats! =) Best of luck on everything... It is definitely comforting to have friends that will support you and be by your side since your hubs is gone. Oh.. Ps my hubs is in 2/4th 1-10Cav... Same as your neighbor???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, how sweet and tiny! It's a great shot of the profile of the baby's face, perfect for scrapbooking and baby book. I think my middle child they gave me a copy of his leg... best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you and your little angel, and I'm so sorry for your previous loss :(

    ReplyDelete