Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Get a life!!!!!

I am irritated beyond belief! So, I work with a couple of women that are bitches (yes I said it!) They talk about people all the time - including each other! I am not so naive to think that they haven't talked shit about me...but I have had enough!

This all started yesterday. My husband called me at work from Afghanistan. He doesn't get to call very much and can't really email anymore because the internet is so shitty. So one of the women I work with told me that I shouldn't be taking personal calls while I'm at work. It's my husband, from Afghanistan! And then she proceeded to say that this was my "job." Okay, well, he is my husband, and I'm sorry but I think he is just a little more important than this measly little job. And, if you didn't gather from my other post a few days ago, I am over this whole job! I am ready to be a stay at home mom. The only reason that I'm even working now is because 1) We're trying to pay off as much debt as we can before the baby is born, so that we are better off financially when Aaron returns from deploymnet; and 2) It occupies my time while he is gone. But she cannot honestly tell me that if she was in my situation she wouldn't do the exact same thing. After all, she does take an extra 15 minute smoke break in the afternoon which no one is supposed to know about. But I guess we all have our priorities! Mine just happens to be my husband, and hers is a cancer stick. So, needless to say I am slightly miffed that she would have the nerve to tell me that I shouldn't take a 15 minute phone call from my husband overseas. And to top it all off I heard that she and another co-worker were talking about the whole situation afterward. But, if they have nothing better, in their petty little lives, to talk about other than me, go right-a-fucking-head! They need to remember, however, that the reason that they have the right to talk shit about people is because my husband, and other brave servicemen, fight for their freedom to do so!

5 comments:

  1. That is crazy! I would have been pissed too, hope the rest of your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch.. hopefully you can make them understand that your husband is gone right now and you don't get the chance to speak to him that often. If not just tell them it's too bad and you'll talk to him when he calls irregardless! Also, if I were you I would just go over her head and when she gives you the opportunity to tell her just let her know you already cleared it with the boss to take calls from your man! so :-p on her!

    Sorry for the drama...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why haven't you quit already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would probably give them the appropriate hand-gesture and REALLY give them something to talk about. Then walk out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have every right to be pissed... in fact, better than pissed... FURIOUS!

    I have somewhat of a similar situation at my job. I'm currently a waitress while I finish school. My fiancee is Army and currently in Germany. Customers are relentless when it comes to asking me out. (Not to sound cocky...believe me, I'm not thrilled about it) I very nicely reply that I have a boyfriend who is currently overseas with the Army. While some people get the hint, others don't care and continue to pursue me. The other day I had to let some guy have it! I told him how dare he disrespect my fiancee by saying such things to me while he and other servicemen sacrifice their time and safety for scum like him! Then i dropped the check and walked away.

    I felt sooo much better.

    I would recommend a similar speech... how can anyone respond to that without looking like a complete unpatriotic asshole?

    ReplyDelete